In between forging his new relationship with North Korea, perhaps mending fences with his allies in Canada and elsewhere, and awaiting word on what the Justice Department might have to say about the handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation, President Trump may try to squeeze in time to blow out some birthday candles.
That’s because the president turns 72 today.
To commemorate the occasion, we put together five fast facts on most "senior" man to be elected to the highest U.S. post — the 45th in all:
• Trump was the oldest president to be elected to his first term. He was 70 years, 220 days old on the day of his inauguration in 2017, eclipsing Ronald Reagan who was 69 years, 349 days on his inauguration day in 1981.
• Of the 45 presents in U.S. history, only two have been born in June. Trump shares that distinction with George H.W. Bush, who turned 94 just two days ago, on June 12. (Bush, by the way, is the oldest surviving president, and is just shy of four months older than Jimmy Carter).
• Trump, a New York City native, is the fifth president to be born in the Empire State. Franklin D. Roosevelt, born in Hyde Park in 1882, was the most recent. He was preceded by Theodore Roosevelt (1858, New York City), Millard Fillmore (1800, Summerhill) and Martin Van Buren (1782, Kinderhook).
• Trump is the third president in four to be born in 1946, joining Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. Trump is the oldest, eclipsing "Dubya" by three weeks (July 6) and Clinton by just over two months (Aug. 19). Of course, youngster Barack Obama (Aug. 4, 1961) broke the streak.
• Trump already has exceeded the average life expectancy of all the previous presidents. The 44 commanders in chief before him lived to an average of 71.1 years old, and while the current surviving presidents average 77 years of age —bouyed by George H.W. Bush and Carter — the presidents who have passed away lived to be an average of 70.4 years old.
Friends and supporters marked the occasion with tributes on Twitter:
Happy, happy birthday Dad! I love you very much. Wishing you your best year yet!!! pic.twitter.com/ejbk28IJHe— Ivanka Trump (@IvankaTrump) June 14, 2018
Happy birthday, President Trump! Susan and I wish you continued strength and fortitude as you work to advance the interests of the American people. I'm humbled to serve under your leadership on behalf of our nation. pic.twitter.com/9jvdygJRgl— Secretary Pompeo (@SecPompeo) June 14, 2018
Happy Birthday President Trump! Congratulations on your many accomplishments – looking forward to catching up soon in the UK! pic.twitter.com/bvuxxwWlh6— Ambassador Johnson (@USAmbUK) June 14, 2018
Happy Birthday President Trump. pic.twitter.com/4tkP1sDxW2— michael shine (@shinedog28) June 14, 2018
Happy 72nd Birthday to our @POTUS @realDonaldTrump Wish President Trump a Happy Birthday this #FlagDay with a #RETWEETSign the Official Petition to award the 2018 @NobelPrize for Peace to @realDonaldTrump & help us get 1 Million Signatures at https://t.co/n8Drs7cvqn by July 4th pic.twitter.com/9mLW6zeV2R— We Support 45 & The Wall! (@WeSupport45) June 14, 2018
Happy birthday to the man, the myth, the legend, Donald J Trump pic.twitter.com/cAewZAuROD— Jack Harper (@Jackharp32) June 14, 2018
While others were not quite as festive:
Today is Trump's birthday - Anyone know where I can buy him an impeachment cake?— (((DeanObeidallah))) (@DeanObeidallah) June 14, 2018
Today is Trump's birthday - what do you get for a racist, sexist 72 year old who is a failure at everything he has ever done and especially as President?— (((DeanObeidallah))) (@DeanObeidallah) June 14, 2018
Today is my Birthday.............it’s also Donald Trump’s. pic.twitter.com/jkGI9dtX6g— ???????? (@trapcation) June 14, 2018
What a magnificent birthday present for a #FakePresident who's not just ANOTHER YEAR OLDER but another day CLOSER TO MUELLER ... Best thing Trump ever did was keep Guatanamo open so it can accommodate his entire #4thReich— Melissa Mermaid
(@MelissaMermaid) June 14, 2018