MODEL HOME OPENS: Arthur Rutenberg Homes will showcase its recently opened model home — the May River — at Southern Hills Plantation in the 2018 Tampa Bay Builders Association Parade of Homes as well as Hernando County’s Parade of Homes of the Nature Coast. The home, located at 19735 Sterling Bluff Way, Brooksville, within the Estates neighborhood, overlooks the 7th hole green of the Pete Dye Championship Golf Course. The Tampa Bay Builders Association Parade of Homes will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 9 and 10, and from noon to 6 p.m. March 11. The Hernando Parade of Homes, from March 16 to 31, will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and from noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. For information, visit tampabayparadeofhomes.com/ and paradeofhomesnaturecoast.com/.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings in the coming week:
• Coffee News Suncoast, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon March 20. Nicholle Fernandez-Shute, (352) 586-6837.
• NCIS Elevator, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon March 21. Amanda Young, (352) 345-9423.
• K9 Partners for Patriots, 15322 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon March 22. Gregg Laskoski, (352) 397-5306.
OPERATION OUTREACH COMMITTEE: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Operation Outreach Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. March 20 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The committee is a group of volunteers and chamber members who mentor new chamber members. For information, call Dawn Badami at (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
LEADERSHIP HERNANDO RECRUITMENT/ALUMNI RALLY: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce invites alumni members and those wishing to join the Leadership Hernando Class of 2018 to attend a free recruitment/alumni extravaganza from 5:30 to 7 p.m. March 22 at Marker 48 Brewing, 12147 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Meet alumni and learn about becoming part of Hernando County’s premier leadership program. The deadline to register is May 4. Orientation for the Class of 2018 will be June 6. For information, call Dawn Badami at (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER TRAINING COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Training Committee will meet at 8 a.m. March 27 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
Save the date
BACKYARD BLUES N BREWS FESTIVAL: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the Hernando County Backyard Blues N Brews Festival from 5 to 10 p.m. May 26 at the Lake House, 1202 Kenlake Ave., Spring Hill. The event will feature the region’s most outstanding blues bands and food trucks and beer in a fun atmosphere. Tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for children ages 12 and younger. Vendors, sponsors are needed. For information, visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 19, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 20, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 20, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Professional Selling Techniques, 1 to 3 p.m. March 20, SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Suite 309, Dade City.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 27, Land O’Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O’Lakes.
• Financing Opportunities with the Small Business Administration, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 28, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. March 16, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7 a.m. March 19 , Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 19, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. March 20, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. March 21, Spring Hill Diner, 3426 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef?‘O’?Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. March 22, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Call (352) 848-1438.