tbo: Tampa Bay Online.
Saturday, May 26, 2018
  • Home
TV and Media

Pauley Perrette claims she endured ‘multiple physical attacks’ on ‘NCIS’: ‘Nothing is worth your safety’

Pauley Perrette left the long-running CBS forensic show NCIS after 15 seasons last week under what was originally presented as a professional decision. On Twitter, however, she told a different story.

"I refused to go low, thatís why Iíve never told publicly what happened. But there are tabloid articles out there that are telling total lies about me. If you believe them? Please leave me alone. You clearly donít know me," she wrote over the weekend.

"Maybe Iím wrong for not Ďspilling the beans.í Telling the story, THE TRUTH. I feel I have to protect my crew, jobs and so many people. But at what cost? I donít know. Just know, Iím trying to do the right thing, but maybe silence isnít the right thing about crime."

Perrette, 49, announced in October that she was leaving the show and aired her last episode on May 8. In a video message on the showís Twitter account, she shared a fond farewell to her fans.

But online, she spoke of bullying and a conspiracy to silence her.

"There is a Ďmachineí keeping me silent, and feeding FALSE stories about me. A very rich, very powerful publicity Ďmachine.í No morals, no obligation to truth, and Iím just left here, reading the lies, trying to protect my crew. Trying to remain calm. He did it," she tweeted.

"Iíve been supporting anti-bullying programs forever. But now I KNOW because it was ME! If itís school or work, that youíre required to go to? Itís horrifying. I left. Multiple Physical Assaults. I REALLY get it now. Stay safe. Nothing is worth your safety. Tell someone."

A rep for CBS did not immediately return a request for comment.

Weather Center
Comments